Sunday, September 26, 2010

Utah State Fair

We haven't been to the state fair in years. We use to go almost every year, but it started to go down hill so we stopped. This year I was in the mood to go, I wanted to see if it had changed and if they actually had animals to look at since I remember the last time we went there were hardly any animals. We ended up going on my Mom's birthday since that was the only day we were free to go. 

Here are some pictures of what we saw:


 Black Angus cow




This is an Angus bull, his name was Pit Boss and he is HUGE!




A Goat





I like these little dwarf goats more, I think they are cuter.




They had some huge dairy cows there! I have never seen any as big as the the one in this photo.




Another big bull




Some freshly shaved sheep




They had some cute little piglets



 Maybe I should get some pigs....




Or maybe not if they get as big as this guy! I wouldn't know where to keep him.




This calf had just been born that morning at 11. I think they are so cute.




You can enter stuff that you grow




You can even enter eggs! I might have to do that next year.




More vegetables




I was hoping to see some chickens, but all they had were these strange birds the chicken wouldn't be on display until the next day.




Dave loves old fire engines




Ha ha, uh the reason I look so concerned is because I knew David was making a weird face so I was trying to figure out what kind of a face he was making and snapped a picture in the process. :)




Someone painted this, its of a grandson going on a ride with his Grandpa. I love it!




The cows and goat made out of butter




Me and Dave


The only picture I got of my parents. :)



We had a great time at the fair, we didn't go on any rides or see any of the world's biggest crocodile or horse it was just neat to walk around and see the attractions and animals.
We were there for about 2 hours, we had parked in the paid parking across the street from the fair, we walked backed to our car as we got closer I noticed the black truck we had parked behind had a mini van parked in our place. We thought at first was the wrong spot, but we soon realized it was the right one and that my parents car had been stolen! And did I mention that it was my Mom's birthday?! What a way to end a birthday. 
The police came and took a report and said they were sure they would find it in a couple days and didn't think it would be too far away from where we had parked. My Mom thought her car was long gone along with the Christmas presents she had just bought that day. 
On Wednesday afternoon she got a call, the police were right, they found her car parked about 2 blocks away from the fair! The Christmas presents were long gone, but her car was in pretty good shape. The only things ruined were the ignition, her key won't stay in and the glove compartment box's locked is ruined as well. 
What a night at the fair! And I am sure it will always be a birthday my Mom will remember. :)

No comments: