Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alfredo/Hollandaise Sauce

Okay so this picture is not the greatest picture, I really need to take a photography class and learn a few tricks. 


Any way on to the food!
I have been looking for a good Alfredo recipe, I have tried quiet a few different homemade recipes and I think this one was by far the best! It was simple too! It also only has 5 ingredients. Anybody could make this, and like I said it is the best Alfredo I have had. I also added some sauted chicken to it, delicious!
I need to thank my future sister in-law Robin for introducing me to homemade Hollandaise sauce! I am in love! Ok, ok, it does have a full cube of butter in it,    but it is so worth it! My new favorite side dish is asparagus with Hollandaise sauce. I would be lying if I said I didn't scrap the sauce off my plate plain. :)


Fettuccine Alfredo
1 pound fettuccine (I used penne noodles, those are my favorite)
1 stick of butter
1 cup heavy cream 
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I used a store package of shredded Parmesan)


Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top.
Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl. Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan. Serve immediately.


Hollandaise Sauce
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. firm butter


 In small pan over very low heat stir egg yolks and lemon juice with wooden spoon. Add half the butter until it is melted. Add remaining butter, stirring briskly until butter is melted and sauce thickens.

No comments: