Friday, April 29, 2011

Blue Cheese Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

I am in love with blue cheese! I love it in dressing, on burgers, just plain, in salad, I'll eat it in any way, shape or form.
We recently bought a big container of blue cheese from Sam's Club to fulfill my need for blue cheese. So far we have used it for burgers and to put on top of salad. So of course I loved the idea of making a homemade dressing! Like I said before, if I can make I would much rather do that then buy it. 
Now I have to thank Hidden Valley Ranch for their lovely blend of ranch mix. It is the main dressing my husband and I eat. Some day I will come up with my blend of ranch mix that I like, but for now Hidden Valley Ranch is fulling my needs.
 For all you blue cheese dressing lovers, try this recipe and enjoy! I finished my salad with a big smile on my face as I liked the last bit of dressing off my fork.

Blue Cheese Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

1/2 cup Light Mayo (Lets be honest here, I never use light mayo! Best Foods/Hellman's is our favorite mayonnaise.)
1/2 cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt (I used sour cream, it tastes the same, if you can't find the Greek Yogurt)
1 cup Lowfat Buttermilk
1 Pkg Hidden Valley ranch Dressing mix (powder mix)
1 cup or 8 oz of Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola crumbles

Mix all ingredients together throughly. I usually keep my dressings in a Pyrex dish, then I had the brilliant idea to put the dressing in a mason jar after it was mixed. (Sometimes it takes a while for me to catch on to brilliant ideas that people have been doing for years.) 
After it sits in the fridge overnight, it is the best Blue Cheese dressing ever!


2 comments:

Heather said...

I have also made the ranch dressing according to package directions and added blue cheese to it with fantastic results. I love the mason jar idea and I am stealing it!

Unknown said...

I was so tickled to find this recipe. Have a hard time keeping it in the fridge-----use the regular mayo and sour cream, and of course a mason jar. Thank you so much "country girl".