Monday, May 25, 2015

Annual Memorial Weekend Trip To Logan

For years, my Mother's side of the family has gone up with my Grandparents to decorate the graves of those relatives that have passed on.
It started out with all my Aunts, Uncles, cousins and Grandparents would go up. We would stop at the graves, then usually get a bucket of chicken, head to a park and have a family picnic. We would play games, go fishing at the stream in the park, and sit around talking and laughing.
Memories. Very cherished memories.
As you can see in the above picture, our number has dwindled significantly.
Our family has grown a lot, and it is just hard to get everyone's schedule to work out to where we can still all go. 
My Grandpa has passed on, but my Grandma is still dedicated to getting up to Logan to decorate the graves of her loved ones. 
I am so glad we were both able to attend this year. With living in different states, we were not able to attend together for a few years. 

On this trip we were able to stop and visit my Grandma's brother again. He and his wife are wonderful people!
The Dude loved his wood working workshop! He has made lots of things since I last came up and bought a recipe box from him, which I love and put to use right away!

Love these people! 


He is my favorite...

We had a wonderful trip to Logan! 
Along the way we also stopped at the Implement, The Aggie Ice Cream Shop, Angie's Restaurant and Gossner's Cheese Factory.
I feel so blessed to be apart of this wonderful family, they truly are the best.

No comments: