Saturday, May 16, 2015

Stumped

As I was going through the dirt and trying to get rid of some the left over grass, my shovel hit something a little hard. I started to dig around it and noticed that there was a tree root. No biggie, right? It was just going to be from that dead stump we removed last year and should come out fairly easy.
So I assigned the Dude to get it out.
I was getting some things taken care of in the house, when the Dude called me out to see this.....
"This?! You couldn't see this?!" 
(Name that movie line!)

That right there is a twenty year old stump, of what used to be a giant pine tree like the other two in our backyard.
There wasn't any rot to this sucker!! 
It was healthy as could be. You would think it would of either grown back or just finally died off.

So, what did we do? We buried it back up of course!!
Ain't nobody got time for that!
(At this point, the Dude had to leave the room. He couldn't take the improper grammar. Let's be honest though, my whole blog is full of grammar/spelling errors, a'ght!)

We will just be putting a nice planter box area over this cover. 
You will never know it was even here!

No comments: